Sunday, June 12, 2011

Shoes

One of my greatest faults in my personality is that I am constantly placing myself in other people's shoes.

A fault? How is that a fault?

I know, most of you think that being compassionate to others is a good trait. That trying to understand other people's lifestyles is a good trait.

And usually it would be that.

I empathize with the good guy. I empathize with the bad guy. This makes me conflicted IN EVERY ARGUMENT.

It gets rather annoying. I blame my parents. My father is conservative, my mother a liberal. Do not ask me how it worked. But it has. And they raised me. I don't vote for either party.

I vote though because I like my rights. A hundred years ago, I wouldn't be able to vote. So I am voting now.

Waste of a vote when I vote independent? It probably is. But I disagree with the two party system. I think we need different eyes. Eventually people are going to see that and vote independent with me. Maybe they will vote for me. Who knows?

There is no black and white to any issue. Any one who tells you differently has not looked close enough.

Hear me out: there is no right or wrong. I doubt there ever was.

I can see that. Forgive me for not choosing sides.

2 comments:

  1. Not only is there not black and white in any issue... there isn't in ANYTHING in life... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I compleeeetely agree with the two-party thing. If we got to vote on particular issues, I would probably end up voting half conservative, half liberal... so choosing who to vote for is pretty difficult. The TWO WHOLE TIMES I have voted... I almost didn't cause I was so split, but then I decided that I had to take advantage of the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete