Friday, April 1, 2011

Women As Leaders

What I love about being a woman is that I can care.

A lot of people all over the world say that women can not be a excellent leader because women care too much.

I'm sorry if you think I can not be a leader because I care about the people I lead...Wait, what? I can't comprehend why you think me caring is a bad thing?

I don't know about you, but I want to be working for a leader that has my back. That truly cares about my life.

In politics, I am not going to vote for an individual who does not care about the population of people she is going to represent. Even after I changed the pronoun 'he' to a 'she' in the sentence all I could see was a male figure.

The gender of a person does not matter to me in leaders. As long as she has the people she is representing in mind of that time, that's what matters to me. Those people is what should come first to an individual as a leader. Whether those people be employees, populations, students, residents, clients, whatever it doesn't matter.

What I am trying to say is that leaders need to be more like women. They need to care, they need to have emotions and they need to clean up after themselves and others.

If men started being more caring about others and having more emotions, (and yes, the cleaning does help, too) then our world would be a much better place.

There is a reason why feminism has evolved to be inclusive of so many different issues that may or may not relate to women. It's not because we are women trying to find a cause to fight for, it's because we truly care about people. This is cultural feminism at it's finest. This is what makes feminism so alluring to me, because I'm not just fighting for the rights of women, but I am trying to make every individual's world better.

The thing that is just so ironic about this: Women were born to be caring, they learned it. What is more controversial is that some people who state these views are women as well.

But that's a different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment