Monday, April 25, 2011

Men On Mondays && The LGBT community

Mondays are the days that I recognized Males that help further the feminist causes. I just wanted to take time to thank the male-identified individuals of the LGBT community.

Before I went to college, I knew of a few homosexual males. I never actually got to know any. From the moment I stepped out of the bus after graduation, I have come across more and more male-identifying individuals from the LGBT community. They have helped me grow as a person and I appreciate all of what these individuals have done for me over the past-almost-two years. (Wink Wink- you know who you are.)

It is really important to help all causes, whether it is in your group or not. I feel that people with different sexualities than myself, different genders than myself should have equal access to healthcare, job opportunities, education, life choices, whatever. This is the same for different races than myself, different ethnicities than myself.

There are people being discriminated against for their sexuality. Whether or not they are a woman, I do not care. I believe in the golden rule and reciprocity. Maybe if I help them, they will help fight for women's issues. At least, in the perfect world, they would support the causes I fight for if I support the causes they fight for.

So here's for the men in the LGBT community who support feminist causes!! Inclusiveness and collaboration is what is going to get our issues heard!

(And a small shout out for the women-identified individuals in the LGBT community, you are heard! You are not forgotten and you are loved! )

No comments:

Post a Comment