Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WS 445 Final Reflection

As some of you may or may not know, I started this blog because I was taking a women's studies course called women and computers.

My first 3 posts were actually reflections of assignments for the class. We watched a video with a woman named Nadine who talked about internet accessibility in the middle east, read an article about how youth uses the internet, and a study done about Facebook. You can find my reflections here, here and here.

In between writing about the digital divide (here and here) and researching for my other classes, I realized I enjoyed writing about the women's issues. So I kept writing.

When our professor told us that we should find online resources to help our life after college, I enjoyed searching the web for photography related sources. Read more here.

I loved finding out more about the women who have shaped the web and I was frustrated at the lack of publicity on those women. Because they seemed to be doing so much more good for society then men who shaped the internet. At this time in my blog posts I was updating about every other day. It seemed fitting that I would post a few findings on my blog, here.

I used my blog to help research for my final project. You will see many of my blog posts documented in my final project presentation. It helped me organize my thoughts and see what I could do with the sources I found. See more here.

I enjoyed the class. It helped me learn that the issues of women are not strictly in the real world but also on the world wide web as well. The course was set up like a workshop and the student feedback of our projects was really helpful to me. I got stronger as a writer and as a student because of what the class taught me. It also taught me a few new resources I could use like delicious.com which is a bookmarking site.

No comments:

Post a Comment