Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Life Resources: Photography


So I searched "photography for dummies" thinking I'd get a bunch of advertisings for the "for dummies" books. Instead I find this website which actually gives me good advice on learning my new DSLR camera, whom I named Cameron.

Now Cameron is a BRAND new CANON Rebel T1i. I have been wishing to get a camera as cool as Cameron since, well, I was 1o years old. According to my mother I have been asking for cameras since I was 8 years old. I got my first film one in third grade, my first (really lame) digital in fifth for christmas, respectively.

I bought the next camera I owned in 9th grade. I was super duper excited! I don't even remember the brand. All I know is that I babysat two little "angels" (you can guess by the quotations that I am being very nice in that description) for hours and hours to save up enough money for that camera. I think it was almost 200 dollars with the memory card.

My next camera was a gift from my boyfriend (now ex). It was the camera I really wanted and it gave me 3 and a half years of good photos. During this time, my boyfriend (the same one and still my ex) got a Canon Rebel XS and I fell in love. I knew that by the time I was out of college I wanted to own one of those.

Tada! I finally got a DSLR. With the support of my Aunt Suzanne, she talked my financial brain in to allowing me to spend my savings (not all of it thank goodness!) on an investment.

So, now it is just learning how it works. Which this site would be really helpful to start. I was actually thinking about buying the book, but since I know it is online, I will use that!! :)

So this project actually saved me a few dollars!!! Cool!

2 comments:

  1. I found the Dummies book (for my Nikon D5000) to be very useful. Now I just have to find the time to get out and shoot photos. I have taken swim meets and soccer photos but that is about all.
    Looking forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your history with different digital cameras reminded me that I spent $500 for my first digital camera in 1999 - an Olympus D-340R. It was a whopping 1.2 megapixels with no zoom, no video, no scenes or anything we expect today. It had a Macro mode, ability to change Exposure in 1 step increments and a flash - that was it. But it takes better portraits than my "bigger & better" Canon A700.

    In 2006 I graduated to a 6 MP, 6X zoom Canon Powershot A700 for only $350.

    Now I see I could buy the lowest entry DSLR for the same $500 I spent on a 1.2 MP fixed lens digital camera in 1999.

    ReplyDelete