Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Starting with the Girls.

For the second time in a week, I saw someone referring to helping 'the next generation'. I would like to share those efforts. These women and men are finding the problems that feminists fight for everyday as monumental. They are saying that our society has problems and we need to change it. This is huge! This, by and by, does not happen on a regular occasion (accepting that our society needs to be changed rather than to be ignored.)

The first cause is about body awareness and acceptance. We all know that our pop culture is extremely, extremely supportive "slim" bodies. Not healthy bodies, but slim bodies. There is a difference. Now imagine where you would be if we were raised to love ourselves instead of constantly try to "look a certain way". We would be better people, right? Well I think so. If you are on tumblr, follow the love yourself challenge.


The next one goes deeper. I am so excited to have been shown this. I have no words to describe how much this video impacted me, watch it too. And if you agree, check out their website: the girl effect. The video does much better at explaining what they are doing then I would!



Thank you so much for reading! Have you helped a girl in need today?




1 comment:

  1. "Not healthy bodies, but slim bodies. There is a difference."

    Bless that quote Hannah! Way to have a strong attitude about the female body. More women need to be like this!

    I also want to say that your blog has become one of the very first that I enjoy reading regularly! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete