Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Doors!

There is a famous statement that says 'when one door closes, another one opens for you'. I truly believe that this school year has been full of slamming doors, but with that, I have jumped through many more doorways.

I entered the doorway of feminism and have loved the hallways of doors I can enter. I plan to continue writing this summer and through out my undergraduate experience on this blog about what I find interesting in my day to day life.

Next year, I will be taking a great step towards my future. A wonderful opportunity opened up for me in the hallway of my job and I jumped for it. I applied to become a Social Justice Advocate with my Residential Life employment. I received it.

I entered the world as a Community Advisor as a scared but eager-to-learn student but I can confidently walk in to the job this summer and next year. Now I am entering yet another position with the same feeling. I know that this position will challenge me and through conquering it, I will become a better person.

I can not wait to share with the community of bloggers that read my blog about what I will be able to do and what I do do in this position. This has been truly a blessing to receive this experience and I plan to run with it. I have big plans for this position and big goals for my last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment