Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yes or No or Maybe or Sometimes or When it is Convenient

I live in a country where people can choose what they want to believe in.

And although it is ultimate brainwashing organizations. I am proud that we have a choice of what to believe in.

I partially watched a documentary on Polygamy today. I was half watching, half trying to do my homework, half hanging out with a friend...three halves is a lot. A conversation came up. Doesn't it always?

"Is polygamy right?" was the topic of the discussion. And I said yes.

Yes, it must blow your mind that I said yes. But here is the deal. As long as the plural marriage involves all consensual individuals that are of age, I have no problem with it. And it would be great if incest or abuse didn't happen in these relationships too, then I would REALLY have no problem.

Because basically, we live in a country where people can be brainwashed beyond belief and think the god of the world is Marilyn Monroe...and as long as they are not harming people other than themselves I have no problem with that. (But that's my belief so I am biased...hah!)

And for me, what matters is if those people had a choice and if they have the same choice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment