Monday, February 7, 2011

Newborn baby clings to life...


I'm watching Nancy Grace, they are covering a story about a baby being born in a bathroom.



I feel for the mother. It must be terrifying to deliver in a public bathroom, maybe she didn't even know she was pregnant.


I'm not saying she did the right thing,(she absolutely did not) I'm just saying we should not judge her until we know all the details.


There are three women judging this poor women, saying that she was horrible to do this and that it is outrageous that this could happen.


Have these women ever given birth in a public bathroom? Have these women been in this particular woman's situation? I highly doubt it.


I'm gonna turn this political right now: THIS IS WHY WE NEED MORE STATE AND FEDERAL FUNDING FOR REPRODUCTIVE CHOICE. We need to educate these women and the men, but we also need to make those options accessible and affordable for all. This woman is obviously not educated on what her choices are and was, if she did, she may have had avoided this dreadful situation. If she had access to the choices, she may have gotten medical help at the first sign of pregnancy. If she could afford it, she would make the right decision for all of us. I am NOT promoting abortion here, I AM promoting EDUCATION, ACCESS AND AFFORDABILITY IN REPRODUCTIVE CHOICE!


Back to the story, I wish people had more empathy. Of course, this is a horrible situation, and hopefully the baby does not die or have long term conditions. I definitely think this woman should be found and brought in to the legal system, however, I think people need to put themselves in her shoes for a little bit.


Here are a 3 things that you need to consider:


1. She delivered in the public restroom. A public restroom! Some people are uncomfortable to even poop in a public restroom, let alone deliver in one!
2. She may or may not have known she was pregnant. The news have not said if baby john doe was preemie or not-if so, she may have not known the baby was there. He was six pounds, so it is highly unlikely that he was premature, however, it is still possible that she did not know she was pregnant.
3. We do not know what her mental condition is, age or her relationship with the father. This all interacts with the maturity level she has.


Ugh Nancy Grace is making me angry. Yes, the baby's life is important. But the mother is also a life we have to take care of. I can't believe a MAN has to tell her to consider the situation. Ridiculous, woman, ridiculous.


Well, I'm turning it off. She is so judgmental and mean. The women are young, they are uneducated and they are scared! How do you know they KNEW about the safe havens? We know about it because we are educated!



Oh and who would want to admit that they did this after this negative Nancy (haha negative Nancy) spins the story around and around and around in the media? I sure would be even more terrified too.

No comments:

Post a Comment