Monday, February 21, 2011

Men On Mondays

I've been seeing this trend about Male-bashing on Mondays on feminist sites. Analyzing or debating people's viewpoints is one thing, but attacking a person for the belief they hold is unacceptable in my view.

I want to spin Male-bashing around, instead of male-bashing, we should be male-rewarding. I think it is a better system and hopefully it gives some real role models for men! As well as support the males that do help women succeed!

So here is the beginning to my Men on Mondays series on this blog!


I'm gonna start rewarding a 'Male feminist' that I follow through tumblr. He identifies as a feminist and that is why I choose to label him as one. His profile says this on the first page:

"Celebrating the inescapable value of equality, diversity, and freedom because I can no longer stand the limitations placed on our identities. This blog is in honor of brave men, women, and non-binary people, fighting for their undeniable right to express and love themselves and others both freely and fully."

This blog was a gem to find on tumblr. Let me tell you, not only is he a man, but he is a 19 year old man that takes many feminists views! His age is important because the young are going to run this country. Overall, we need more men like this. And although I may disagree with some of his political posts, he articulates his view completely and understandably and usually doesn't stomp on the other viewpoint. I WANT MORE MEN LIKE THIS!!!

So thank you random tumblr guy for proving to me that male bashing can be flipped in to something positive by rewarding the males that are helping women!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment