Thursday, January 12, 2012

That's IT

I'm VERY excited for this next semester.

Because first of all, for one of my classes, I HAVE to blog. Which means I will be informing you all again about feminism and other things I want to rant educationally about. And then secondly, 3 out of the 4 classes I have are going to be interesting, fun, exciting and filled with information for my life.

Expect to see more posts these next few weeks. I am taking less credits, not involved on an E-board and trying to enjoy my last semester of my undergraduate.

I'm taking my Senior Capstone course and am very excited about the work we may do. We were talking about the issues we go through for being a feminist, having feminist ideals and etc. And a lot of us shared instances where we were attacked (don't worry, it was mostly verbal attacks and have not heard of any hospitalizations) for our feminist beliefs.

Wouldn't it be great to have a more confident feminist to call during those times? Or another feminist at all? "Here is what I am feeling; is that okay?" conversation. Suddenly, a mentor program popped in to my head. We need to get the Women's Studies students together at once, regardless of major, minor, interests and year in school and we need to build a community. Many of the women in that class, I wish I knew last year, or the year before, or my whole life. (But mostly my college experience...)

We need to have calling chains, texting lines, regular lunches and dinner together. We need to have a sisterhood, invite our pro-feminist brothers. We need to be supportive of our achievements and share them outloud.

But mostly, we just need to be together more.

No comments:

Post a Comment