Friday, September 30, 2011

I'll identify as whatever I please and I click 'none of the above'

Can I give you a little lesson in internet life?

People show what they want you to see. I'm not saying everything is a lie. I'm just saying you do not get all perspectives of someone's life.

An anonymous person commented on my personal blog (the one I do not share with anyone unless they request it or they stalk me hard enough) and stated that some of my beliefs were 'kind of the opposite of feminism'.

Now first of all, I am a blooming feminist. This is a term that I identify with because I do not identify with all kinds of feminism, or one feminism, or I even do not like to state I am feminist because people try telling me I'm not for x, y, z reason.

Now first of all, this is a personal blog and although it reflects me, it is not my whole life. I choose to put certain things on there. I do not know why I feel I have a need to share my life with a blog site but it is a great way to keep up with friends I rarely see. And then once I make one, I get addicted and all of a sudden I am blogging about my life.

And I do not know, it struck a chord with me. Somewhere on my cold hearted feminist chest, I got angry and I wanted to grab this anonymous person and ask who they were.

I know who I am, some others may think they know who I am, but I am the only person that can truly know what all is hannahkdee. Just because I choose to write something on facebook, here or my other blog does not mean that's my final say on a matter. I do change my mind. And oh yeah, if I have an opinion on something and I hear another perspective and I agree with that perspective more. I'm changing my opinion. There is nothing wrong with that. It is called being 'open-minded'.

I'm a twenty year old college student. I do not claim to know everything. That would be boring. I like learning, I love it!

This person states that I am not happy being alone, that I am always with a boyfriend, and that I need to find happiness with just myself.

I have at least three blog posts of defense:




I'm happy with the woman I am. I would still be happy with myself if the relationship were to end. (I would however be sad about the situation, because I do really like him.)

The author of the comment stated that "Find happiness with just yourself. You deserve that."

I'm gonna leave what I think everyone deserves in life, including this author.

If it makes you happy, do it. If it makes you unhappy, don't do it. You deserve to be happy. Get there by finding your own way.

I found mine, not in one person, not in myself, in the many things I am involved in, in my major, in my family, and in my present and future. And I am not gonna lie, my partner does bring me happiness in my life and that is why he is staying in my life.

(And oh yeah, the human emotions is a complex thing. And it's funny because if you think about it, have you ever been 100% truly happy at a given moment? I haven't. Yes I am happy but I still have a lot of other things on my mind that is going to take some of my brainpower and emotions...)

No comments:

Post a Comment