Saturday, September 24, 2011

Projects I am working on...

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I have been uber busy with life! I really actually wanted to but to come down and type up something sounded exhausting sometimes.

Right now I am currently trying to do very well in school and am taking 15 credits so it's really difficult to take a breather!

I'm working on a few papers that I thought were interest you.

Women of Color-This is a big topic but I am VERY excited to write about what I am learning about in my-surprise-women of color class.

Black Masculinity-Believe it or not, patriarchy harms men, too. I do not think that all men are evil, but some were CREATED to be evil to women. (And some women are evil to men.) I am looking at domestic violence in African American communities and want to connect it to black masculinities. There are more than one victim in those cases.

My book-yep. I am working on a book. I hope to write about the 21st century cult of domesticity and how that affects everyone (and me...), why it is coming back and if it is a good thing. I want to connect it to sexuality some how and have been working on (slowly) researching it.

SO that is my quick update on life right now. I hope everyone is doing well. I hope to write a real post very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment