Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back from Vacation?: I hope so

I have debated whether I want to start writing in this blog or not again. I do miss getting feedback, but more likely I miss being more politically involved. I am going to try to connect my life experiences with feminism and connect it to the big issues in the U.S. (and the world) today.

What have I been doing for the last few months? Good question. I'll sum it up for you.


  • I have been pregnant. Yup, another feminist bringing a child in this world. Don't worry GOP, I'll make sure he has a choice to be on your side. I will try not to make him gay for you. (Sarcasm...how I love thee).
  • Working, working, working. I have had a full time job this whole summer. First, I started at an amazing feminist non-profit organization. I loved it there, but I wasn't really good at it. And driving to St. Paul everyday was kind of stressful. Luckily, I received a job at another amazing (though not feminist) non-profit that does pay me a bit more and has better hours for a soon to be mom and grad student.
  • Reading. I hope to share what I have learned about the death penalty, Pope Joan, being a mama's boy and well, Stephen King. 
  • Moving in to my own place (with my supportive partner) and adopting a kitty with disabilities. 
Getting out of that toxic environment that I lived and worked in was definitely something I needed. I am ready to be successful in graduate school with out the drama of trying to figure out why my life was spiraling so much out of control because of work issues. Luckily, I currently have a very healthy atmosphere at work and at home now, so I feel as though I can once again do what I love....which is to learn and share what I learn. 

So is this the end of the year hiatus? I hope so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment