Sunday, April 8, 2012

American Breeders.

I hate to break it to you. But women are only here to breed and sustain the population. Anything that would harm a fetus whether the women is pregnant or not, should be illegal.

Of course, that is not what I believe. But the government in Arizona wants it to be law. Stating that "life" begins at the first day of a women's last menstrual period. Right now, it is just a law to state that abortions should happen "earlier" in pregnancy. But the backlash could be horrendous. I could see alcohol bans on any women that is sexual active and in fertile years, because it could harm the fetus...even though the fetus does not exist yet. I could see women getting "turned down" for insurance, apartments, job opportunities, because they could possibly get pregnant.

I'm scared for the future of the United States. When they even consider bills like Arizona House Bill 2036, it shows the lack of education on long term impact of bills. It's not even the bill that is the problem, it is the backlash that would happen around the country if the bill is passed to women of fertile age.

As a young woman, I have the ability to choose whether or not I want to become a mother. I should have the ability to plan when I get pregnant. Just because I am at an age where I can become pregnant, does not mean that every decision should be faced around the care of my uterus and possible womb for my future children.


No comments:

Post a Comment