Friday, March 23, 2012

Fears but Conquers

I have fears. I know I seem fearless to some, but I do have fears. Yes, I post video blogs to how I respond to hatred and ignorance in the workplace. Yes, I blog about not shaving and using environmental friendly pads and cups for my menstrual cycle. Yes, I am sex-positive and rape-hating. Yes, I talk about feminist issues to anyone who will listen(or who won't) to me on a daily basis. That does not make me fearless.

The biggest thing I worry about is the reality that I might not go out everyday and change people's minds. I might not leave the world a better place when I leave it. That I might do nothing.

And I am not doing nothing, but is the impact being nothing. I haven't been blogging lately, and really it is a mixture of reasons. I have been really busy. Last semester all I felt like I was doing was homework. This semester, I feel overwhelmed with personal issues (the destruction of my cast, the creeper who won't leave me alone, job applications) and Students For Sexual Consent Presidency. All and All, I am doing something. I am hoping that I will change the world while I do this thing.

And changing the world is a full-time job. It also comes with this depressing fact, that I might not accomplish it. Actually, it won't happen. I know it won't. But I do it anyway. I set small goals and go out there to make them happen. I hope that others will learn from it. I hope that I learn from it.

Anyway, today was a good day. I realized that some people will just not support me all the way. Whatever. But I also realized that applying for jobs can and will pay off. I got a potential interview with a very good organization for Women's Rights in the future. So that's looking up for me.

I have a lot of changing happening in my life in the next few months. I hope to keep all my readers-old and new updated on what I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment